I want everyone who contacts me or comes to me for support to feel comfortable with how any personal information shared with me will be looked after.
How we collect information about you
We collect information in the following ways:
When you interact with me directly:
This could be if you register with me to a course of training or if you provide personal information as you visit for therapy.
When you visit my website: I gather general information (not personally identifiable information) which might include which pages are visited most often and which services, events or information are of most interest to my web site visitors.
Information we collect and how we use it
The personal information I collect includes details such as the name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number and sometimes also the credit or debit card details of my clients and customers (if you are booking a place on a training course. Personal information may also include details shared with us during the course of any therapy provided .
We use this information:
• To make sure that the therapy we provide is as effective as possible.
• To process and verify any financial transactions as part of providing services.
• To comply with the law to the extent that it requires us to keep a record of any clinical care provided and any financial transactions associated with our work.
Sharing your Information
The personal information I hold about you will only be used by myself or any affiliated practitioner(s) involved with the provision of any therapy you receive. This is done in order to best support you and the clinical management of your case.
Any information you provide to me will be treated in confidence and I do not pass any details to anyone else without express permission other than in exceptional circumstances. For example, if I become aware that someone presents a clear and serious risk of harming themselves or others.
We will never sell or share your personal information with any third party organisations so that they can contact you for any marketing activities.
Keeping your information safe
I take my responsibility to look after your information seriously. I maintain physical, technical and organisational policies and procedures that protect all personal information I hold from improper access, use, alteration, destruction or loss.
We only retain personal information for as long as is reasonable and necessary for the relevant activity. In circumstances where someone has received therapy with myself or an associate, we comply with all statutory obligations relating to the proper time-frames for storage of clinical information. As the data controller responsible and registered with the ICO I keep adult counselling records for a period of 28 days after the ending of therapy, when they are destroyed in a secure manner. Child Psychotherapy records are kept for six years after the end of therapy in order to comply with legal requirements.
You have rights in respect of the personal information I hold about you:
• Access to your personal information: You have the right to request access to a copy of the personal information that I hold about you. You can make a request for access free of charge. Please make all requests for access in writing, and provide me with evidence of your identity.
• Rectification: You can ask me to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal information held about you.
• Erasure: You can ask me to delete your personal information where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, you have withdrawn consent, or where we have no lawful basis for keeping it.
• Consent: If you have given us your consent to use or share your personal information you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. In the event that you are part way through a course of therapy with me, this will mean that I am unable to continue provision of clinical services.
If you have any queries about your case or would like further information about our privacy practices, please contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing email@example.com
If you wish to make a complaint about how we have handled your personal data you can do so by contacting writing to us at Post Office House, 29 Silver street, masham HG4 1NE.
You can also make a complaint to to the data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office, https://ico.org.uk/
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. Google collects data from every website visit / visitor but it does not store any personally identifiable information. Your IP address is used to determine your physical location but the IP address itself is not data that can be accessed through Google Analytics; all data is aggregated and anonymised.
If you do not wish this website to store any cookies during your visit, the documentation for your web browser will provide you with instructions on how to disable cookies. Please note that may prevent you from taking full advantage of this website.
Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any website linking to ours or websites that we provide links to.